5 Tips to Strengthen Your Immune System
Learn 5 things you can do each day to strengthen your immune system. Like it or not, medical experts say that the majority of us will be exposed to COVID-19 this year. Having an optimally functioning immune system, then, is essential for fighting this virus… And staying healthy and strong.
Here are 5 tips to Strengthen Your Immune System. For staying healthy and climbing strong through the 2020 COVID-19 crisis.
1. Exercise daily, while maintaining appropriate social distance. Strive to get a muscle pump and breathe heavily for at least 30 minutes per day. It’s good for mind & body! A good goal to shoot for is 30 to 60 minutes of outdoor recreation per day (for the lucky ones in the garden) and one hour of at-home strength training, bouldering, hangboarding, etc.
2. Eat a nutritious diet. Consume fruits & vegetables rich in Vitamin C, magnesium, and zinc. Consider taking supplemental Vitamin D. Eat lean protein at every meal and consider using a low-calorie protein supplement. For muscle recovery and immune system strength, consume 1.2 to 1.6 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. Drink lots of water, too!
3. Avoid overtraining. Too much intense exercise can weaken your immune system.
4. Get adequate sleep. Allow 8 to 10 hours of sleep per night.
5. Keep stress levels low. Stop dwelling on things beyond your control. Unplug from fearful media. Help the needy. Remain positive, hopeful, and purposeful.